Mr. McDermott practiced law exclusively in NY from 1987 to 2003. In 2003 Mr. McDermott moved to Chelsea, MI with his Wife and established his Estate Planning and Elder Law practice.
Mr. McDermott attended Long Island University and obtained a BA in 1983 summa cum laude. Mr. McDermott attended Brooklyn Law School located in Brooklyn Heights NY and obtained a JD in 1986. While in law school Mr. McDermott clerked for Administrative Law Judges at the NLRB. Upon obtaining his JD Mr. McDermott was an associate attorney for five years with what was then one of the oldest law firms in NY City. In 1992 Mr. McDermott entered the private practice of law.
- Brooklyn Law School - J.D. - 1986
- Long Island University - B.A. - 1983
Honors: summa cum laude
- Elder Law and Disabiltiy Rights Section State Bar of Michigan
- Probate and Estate Planning Section State Bar of Michigan
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Washtenaw County Bar Association Estate Planning Probate and Trust Law Section
Contact Us We’re Here to Help You
Fill out the form or call us at (734) 433-9490 to schedule your consultation.