John A. McDermott
Mr. McDermott and his wife Ann, a MI native, moved from Long Island NY to MI in 2003 and settled in historic Chelsea, MI. Mr. McDermott is licensed to practice law in Michigan and is a member of the following professional legal organizations:
- STATE BAR OF MICHIGAN 2003 - ONGOING
- ELDER LAW AND DISABILTIY RIGHTS SECTION STATE BAR OF MICHIGAN
- PROBATE AND ESTATE PLANNING SECTION STATE BAR OF MICHIGAN
- NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ELDER LAW ATTORNEYS 1998 - ONGOING
- WASHTENAW COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- WASHTENAW COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION ESTATE PLANNING PROBATE AND TRUST LAW SECTION
- NEW YORK STATE BAR 1987 - 2015
Mr. McDermott obtained his BA degree from Long Island University located in Greenvale, NY in 1983. He graduated summa cum laude in the top 2% of his graduating class. He obtained his Juris Doctor Degree from Brooklyn Law School located in Brooklyn Heights, NY in 1986. While in law school he clerked for Federal Administrative Law Judges and upon graduation was an associate attorney for one of the oldest law firms in the City of New York.
In 1992 Mr. McDermott entered into the private practice of law in Huntington, NY. He has always concentrated his practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law and Real Estate. Mr. McDermott regularly attends continuing legal education.